Porteus 5.1.0 remote server managment/config bug ?

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
ldy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus kiosk 5.1.0

Post#1 by ldy » 19 Oct 2020, 21:20

Hey. Now I'm testing porteus kiosk 5.0.0 and a trial version of the porteus server. The client config is hosted on the server. In version 5.0.0 everything works, at the initial configuration I specify the server and the name of the config - the kiosk reboots and picks up the config. Everything is working.
I'm testing the kiosk version 5.1.0 - I indicate the same settings - after rebooting, the client reports that it could not connect to the server. Since the client is running in a virtual machine, I ran wireshark on the hypervisor to see what was going on, and found that after a reboot, the client did not even try to connect to the server.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 20 Oct 2020, 07:30

Hello Idy,

Remote management code was not updated between 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 releases.

I'm sure its your kiosk configuration fault - perhaps you made a typo when providing the server IP/domain/port?
Maybe your firewall/proxy plays a role here?

Hard to guess but its definitely something on your side.
Please try again.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ldy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus kiosk 5.1.0

Post#3 by ldy » 20 Oct 2020, 08:20

I checked everything again and found my error.
I didn’t say that I had customized the distribution (changed the key combination to change the keyboard layout) and used the unsquashfs command without sudo. Apparently, as a result of the assembly, the rights were broken, and the kiosk could not connect to the server. Everything works now. On version 5.0.0 I used sudo unsquashfs and just forgot about it.