Installation on all-in-one-client fails

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Sebowski
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#1 by Sebowski » 10 Aug 2019, 18:24

Hello there! :)

Not sure if this is a bug, but I did not find any other appropriate threat regarding porteus kiosk. Sorry, if this is the wrong topic.

I tried installing Porteus Kiosk 4.8.0 on a "all-in-one-client" from a USB device, but when booting from USB, Errors are shown and the installation never reaches the point, where you can choose, what type of connection (wired, wlan, etc) you want to use.

My problem at the moment is, that those errors are shown less then a second on screen and disappear. Bios log shows nothing, unfortunately. Is there a way to write those errors to a file or make them wait for a button press, etc? Or is the server logging boot errors, if I try it via PXE?

Without the errors, helping me will be almost impossible I guess, but If anyone has experienced a similar error or if I overlook something obvious, I will explain, what workarounds I tried:

First try was on a 2 TB USB harddrive, USB 2.0. (Overkill, but I had no USB Stick at the moment). I downloaded the .iso file (Porteus Kiosk) and made the device bootable with win32diskimager and rufus (in dd mode). I tried mbr, as well as gpt and used FAT32. I suspected a problem with the size of the device, so I got a 32 USB Stick with USB 3.0 and tried all the configurations from before with the same results.
In BIOS, I disabled all virtual CPU functions and all devices (webcam, speakers, etc) but no success.

Thank you in advance! :worship:

*EDIT: I also tested the devices on both a laptop and a desktop client and both worked fine.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 10 Aug 2019, 20:27

Hello Sebowski,

1) Please boot Ubuntu live on this PC, if it boots ok then download and run this script:
https://porteus-kiosk.org/public/files/debug.sh

Code: Select all

sudo bash debug.sh
Then send generated report to support@porteus-kiosk.org.

2) Please also provide video how you boot the kiosk - maybe i'll be able to spot the error.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.