Touchscreen calibration requires Coordinate Transformation Matrix

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
mark_s
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk Edition

Post#1 by mark_s » 27 Mar 2018, 10:43

Hi,

I'm currently trialling the Kiosk Edition and having issues with Touchscreen Calibration. Calibration works but the axis is flipped in both directions.

SSH in and run the following command fixes the issue:

Code: Select all

xinput set-prop "Zytronic Displays Limited Zytronic, x-y, USB" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" -1 0 1 0 -1 1 0 0 1
The config wizard generates the following:

screen_settings=VGA1:1280x1024:60.02:normal:normal:normal
touchscreen_calibration= "Zytronic Displays Limited Zytronic, x-y, USB" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 0 748 3 1011 | "Zytronic Displays Limited Zytronic, x-y, USB" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1 | "Zytronic Displays Limited Zytronic, x-y, USB" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 1 1
Removing either the Axis swap or the Axis inversion parts at the end of install generate other problems (axis seems to be rotated).

Screen is in normal position.

xinput_calibrator  --list
Device "Zytronic Displays Limited Zytronic, x-y, USB" id=11
Any ideas how I can get the transformation matrix to stick and survice a reboot.

Best regards

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 27 Mar 2018, 13:57

Hi Mark,

I just bought new ultracheap NuVision tablet and i'm facing similar issue (Axes are swapped but not inverted, i also need to rotate the screen and lower resolution which is 2548x1536 by default) so this problem should be sorted in next kiosk release.

For now you may use 'run_command=' parameter to apply your custom 'xinput' settings.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#3 by fanthom » 29 Mar 2018, 15:25

I have updated the wizard and it should produce correct parameter now.

When swapped axes are detected it will ask the user to calibrate the touchscreen two more times to get accurate data (xinput_calibrator swaps the axes during first run and only second run is a proper one).

Thank you for reporting.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.