Ctrl/Shift select

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
tvandenbroek
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk

Ctrl/Shift select

Post#1 by tvandenbroek » 12 Mar 2018, 09:41

When using Porteus Kiosk to login to a virtualized citrix desktop, Ctrl/Shift selection of for example multiple files in explorer or multiple lines in Word doesn't work.
This only is the case when using Porteus Kiosk. When signing in from different kiosk software it works fine.

Is this a bug or maybe an old version of Citrix receiver is used?

PS citrix receiver for chrome has been available for a while now. Might be nice to also include this as an option within Porteus Kiosk.

Thanks
Last edited by tvandenbroek on 12 Mar 2018, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Citrix Ctrl/Shift select

Post#2 by fanthom » 12 Mar 2018, 10:01

"This only is the case when using Porteus Kiosk. When signing in from different kiosk software it works fine."
Have you tested it under Ubuntu? If it works under Ubuntu then please give me an access to some demo account in your Citrix environment and i'll check this.

"PS citrix receiver for chrome has been available for a while now. Might be nice to also include this as an option within Porteus Kiosk."
If you are referring to a Citrix extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... lnem?hl=en

then you can add it yourself to our system:
[Solved]Adding extensions to Chrome

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

tvandenbroek
White ninja
White ninja

Citrix Ctrl/Shift select

Post#3 by tvandenbroek » 12 Mar 2018, 12:23

Edit: Tried it under Linux mint, Firefox (13.9, web receiver only) and it works perfect there.

Sadly they won't allow me to create an account for you. I'm now trying to get it working with Chrome to get around this bug.
I tried the following chrome policy file but the .ica file download that citrix needs, gets blocked. Am i missing any other restrictions?

Code: Select all

//Remove download restrictions
"DownloadRestrictions": 0,

//Install Citrix receiver
"ExtensionInstallWhitelist": ["haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem",],
"ExtensionInstallForcelist": ["haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx",],

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Citrix Ctrl/Shift select

Post#4 by fanthom » 12 Mar 2018, 13:53

You could test it under Cloud/ThinClient variants where downloads are not blocked.

Anyway - i think .ica files may not work with this extension. I think they are for standalone receiver application (maybe i'm wrong).

In this case i could create customized build which would associate .ica files with Citrix Receiver in Chrome browser:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/builds.html

Thanks

tvandenbroek
White ninja
White ninja

Ctrl/Shift select

Post#5 by tvandenbroek » 12 Mar 2018, 14:28

Turns out that downloads fail because default download location is /dev/null/ :wall:

I did some more testing and the Shift problem apparently has nothing to do with Citrix. If i use Shift + LM click in the chrome address bar it should select part of the URL while now it does nothing...

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Ctrl/Shift select

Post#6 by fanthom » 12 Mar 2018, 16:21

This combination was blocked for a reason:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/changelog-auto ... tml#171112

"disabled "Control + left mouse click" and "Control + Shift + left mouse click" shortcuts as they open URLs as new tabs. This is unwanted when navigation bar is disabled."

You should be using ThinClient variant where no shortcuts/gestures are blocked by default.

If you prefer standard kiosk then you need to remaster the ISO and edit 003-settings.xzm/etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml file.

Thanks

tvandenbroek
White ninja
White ninja

Ctrl/Shift select

Post#7 by tvandenbroek » 12 Mar 2018, 20:59

As this also transfers into the Citrix session i'm not sure if this is desired for all users. Better to make it an option.
I just tried the ThinClient variant and this is also restricted enough for my purposes and will be using that for now.

Thank you for the help.