Issues Upgrading to newer Kiosk Version

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Bobbydigital
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.7/4.0

Issues Upgrading to newer Kiosk Version

Post#1 by Bobbydigital » 12 Aug 2016, 14:08

Good Day,

I have some Foxconn barebone PCs that are running Kiosk Version 3.4. The PCs are attached to a TV using an HDMI cord and connect to the network using a Wifi connection. Currently they are using a standalone config.
They seem to be working fine, but i wanted to move to version 3.7/4.0 and start using centralized configurations for easier management.

When i boot version 3.7 or 4.0 It looks like the kiosk software is going to boot, and then it just goes to a black screen and the TV says no signal. If i connect the PC to the TV using a VGA cord, the software boots up correctly. If I boot the software with both the VGA and the HDMI cord plugged in (but the TV on the VGA Source) the system fails to boot.

I did manage to see a boot loader screen one time that said something about the HDMI port and an unkonwn LDE version or something to that affect. I have tried to get back to that failure message, but so far i have not been able to get back to it.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Issues Upgrading to newer Kiosk Version

Post#2 by fanthom » 12 Aug 2016, 14:11

Hello Bobbydigital,

Please generate debug report using 3.4.0 release and send it to support@porteus-kiosk.org.

Thank you.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.