Screensaver Slideshow Issue

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
ALeslie
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Ubuntu and other Debian vars

Screensaver Slideshow Issue

Post#1 by ALeslie » 23 Feb 2016, 23:03

Firstly, I want to say I'm really liking the Porteus Kiosk. I had looked at it previously for a kiosk project, but since it can't run on Raspberry Pis, I had to build a linux image on my own. Now we are trying to replicate what I did on the Pis on current hardware(x86 based) and jumped right to Porteus. The best part is that you seem to have built in just about everything I've been trying to add to my custom set up. So basically it's a lifesaver.

The one thing I'm having an issue with is the Slideshow Screensaver. The regular screensaver works, the video screensaver works, but the slideshow will not. Since the other pieces are working fine, I'm assuming it's having trouble downloading or extracting the ZIP file. I'm working in a Windows environment, so I'm curious if that is causing the issue. I've tried zipping using the standard Windows utility, I've tried 7-zip. Do the photos need to be a certain filesize or resolution?

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks again!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Screensaver Slideshow Issue

Post#2 by fanthom » 24 Feb 2016, 08:16

Hello ALeslie,

This is a known bug fixed in 'automatic updates' channel which wasn't merged to stable release yet. Done now - please download 3.6.0 ISO again.

Thank you.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ALeslie
Ronin
Ronin

Post#3 by ALeslie » 24 Feb 2016, 15:45

Downloading now. Thanks for such a quick response. I'll let you know once I've reinstalled and tested.

ALeslie
Ronin
Ronin

Post#4 by ALeslie » 26 Feb 2016, 18:27

Worked like a charm! Thanks again!