[Solved] symbolic links disappear

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
omega
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus

[Solved] symbolic links disappear

Post#1 by omega » 02 Jul 2015, 09:47

Don't know, if it is a bug or a security-feature, but all my symbolic links in the xzm-modules get lost when the modules get installed to Kiosk when booting. The symbolic links are really in my xzm-modules, because they don't get lost when I extract the modules in my porteus-desktop environment. Is there a way to keep symbolic links or do I have to duplicate the needed files?
Last edited by omega on 02 Jul 2015, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: symbolic links disappear

Post#2 by fanthom » 02 Jul 2015, 12:45

If you inspect 001-core.xzm you will see that there are symlinks which do not disappear when kiosk is booted.
Same rules apply to every module.

Please mind that content of /usr/local/bin is deleted when booting is finished as this folder contains potentially dangerous utils like dd or wget.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

omega
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus

Re: [Solved] symbolic links disappear

Post#3 by omega » 02 Jul 2015, 14:16

Thank you and shame on me - the problem was that my links pointed to absolute paths in my porteus-desktop environment. After deleting the paths in my symbolic links they appeared in kiosk. :good: