Window manager? stuck in restart loop

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Dub
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.3.0

Window manager? stuck in restart loop

Post#1 by Dub » 25 Mar 2015, 17:23

Hi,

I have installed Porteus Kiosk 3.3.0 and when the machine boots i get to the "Powering down all devices to save power etc" message and then the screen goes black and then the screen loads from top to bottom and goes through the network config etc again this repeats endlessly.

This is on a HP t5000 thin client. I have been through the wizard on another machine and can use the created usb stick to boot that other computer without issue, It just fails on the t5000's. It is worth nothing that the same "loop" happens if I boot without config to complete the wizard.

Any help would be appreciated. I can provide remote ssh access to this box if required. I can also provide video of this happening if my explanation is not sufficent.

Thanks

Alex

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Window manager? stuck in restart loop

Post#2 by fanthom » 25 Mar 2015, 21:43

hi Alex,

interesting case. please send me video (recorded since the very beginning of the booting) and ssh login credentials on support@porteus-kiosk.org and i'll have a look on this tomorrow evening.

thank you
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.