Firefox slow to refresh

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
dallaby
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus kiosk 3.2

Firefox slow to refresh

Post#1 by dallaby » 13 Jan 2015, 17:11

I have setup the kiosk to open a specific webpage.. When I boot Porteus it seems to load up fine, firefox opens then it spins on 'connecting' then loads the page.. I am able to browse around perfectly.. The problem is if I leave the kiosk sit for even 2 minutes then go and click a link on the webpage the tab at the top says 'connecting' and spins for approx 15 seconds before it loads the page.. If I click more links right away it is very fast again..

I have tried the kiosk image on several computers and I know it is not the particular website as I also can replicate it by leaving google open and wait 2 min then type another search and hit enter, then it just spins for 15 seconds and then does the search.. Is there anything I am missing? It seems like firefox is going to sleep or something..??

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Firefox slow to refresh

Post#2 by fanthom » 14 Jan 2015, 09:42

i think it's kernel (or certain network driver) putting device to sleep. please enable 'debug mode' in the wizard and send generated report to me on support@porteus-kiosk.org address.

thank you
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.