Network Connection Problem

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
wnanthony
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk 3.0 and Desktop 3.0

Network Connection Problem

Post#1 by wnanthony » 09 Jun 2014, 04:03

I have a network that has a web portal to gain Internet access.
I have been using another network to run the GTK wizard and then trying to change the ssid to the name of the portal protected network and then burn an iso.
That doesn't seem to be working. I still cannot connect to the network with the web internet portal.
When I used the previous version of porteus it would let me connect to the network, and then open the web portal address to log in. I can't seem to make that happen in this version.
I also can't simply build the iso in place because I can't get online with the wizard as it doesn't give me the opportunity to sign in before it must make a connection to continue.

I have no idea where to go from here.

Help please!

All the best,
Nick

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Network Connection Problem

Post#2 by fanthom » 09 Jun 2014, 09:28

I have been using another network to run the GTK wizard and then trying to change the ssid to the name of the portal protected network and then burn an iso. That doesn't seem to be working.
should work unless some other details (network encryption or password) changed. please upload this ISO and i'll have a look. if you can't share it publicly then please send download link to admin@porteus-kiosk.org

I also can't simply build the iso in place because I can't get online with the wizard as it doesn't give me the opportunity to sign in before it must make a connection to continue.
yes - this wont be possible as wizard does not support web based authorization. you have to use other network in this case or produce kiosk ISO in VirtualBox.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.