Kiosk wizard not creating new iso

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Diggy
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: CentOS

Kiosk wizard not creating new iso

Post#1 by Diggy » 15 Apr 2013, 21:06

I've just run porteus-kiosk-wizard-v2.0.1-noarch.run on a CentOS 5.9 box. The graphical wizard appears, and the base is downloaded. I step through the options; the only change I want to make is to the Firefox home page (really just a matter of convenience for our end-users). After the option to set the wireless/flash components, I'm dumped back to a prompt. There are now files in the /tmp/kiosk-creator directory, but the iso is unchanged. I verified this by burning that iso and running it. The default We page is still porteus.org. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Diggy

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Kiosk wizard not creating new iso

Post#2 by Hamza » 15 Apr 2013, 21:18

Did you tried to run that wizard in another distribution than CentOS for testing?
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Diggy
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: CentOS

Re: Kiosk wizard not creating new iso

Post#3 by Diggy » 15 Apr 2013, 22:28

I ran the wizard successfully in debian squeeze (6.0.7), although the wizard did complain at the outset that setxkbmap and wpa_passphrase were missing, but optional. Those apps have to do with keyboard and Wifi setup respectively, if memory serves me correctly. If anyone is interested, I believe you can add wpasupplicant for the wifi stuff. I think that you add x11-xkb-utils for the keyboard stuff.

As to running the wizard on CentOS 5.9, I'm afraid I don't have much information I can pass along. The was really nothing in stdout that gave any clues as to what the problem was, nor was there any information in any logs. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.

Diggy