Chrome policies deprecated

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
jerrymattias
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk 5.0

Post#1 by jerrymattias » 16 Nov 2021, 08:16

Hi,
There are a few policies that is used in PKE as managed policies that has been deprecated. In general, any policy previously known as blacklist/whitelist has been replaced by Blocklist/Allowlist.
I have made my own list used in my customised version, however, some policies is set by script on a lower level hence it is not really that easy to manage them. One example is the URLBlacklist and URLWhitelist. Currently those are being replaced by chrome automatically but that wont last forever.
I found a few others in the default policy list that generates error or warnings because they have been deprecated for a long time.

Thanks for your great work!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 16 Nov 2021, 10:43

Jerry,

As of kiosk 5.3.0 all policies we use still work.
This bug report is not valid.

Will update the policies once they stop working, no need to do the job upfront (Google can change their policies 5 times till that happens).

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

jerrymattias
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk 5.0

Post#3 by jerrymattias » 16 Nov 2021, 13:22

It sounds like a vice strategy. I think the ones that has passed deprecated and generate errors are all related to flash so I suppose they do not matter anyway, chrome will just ignore them.