Touchscreen and drivers

New features which should be implemented in Porteus Kiosk Edition and the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
SVblue
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Thin Client and Kiosk

Touchscreen and drivers

Post#1 by SVblue » 11 Aug 2017, 08:33

I tried a Mikka-touchscreen (3M USB Touchscreen - EX II driver) but the calibration is not perfekt at the borders.
Are there any Touchscreens which are working well? Witch Drivers are included in KIOSK and are working well?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Touchscreen and drivers

Post#2 by fanthom » 11 Aug 2017, 10:44

Hello SVblue,

Two things to note:
1) We cant guarantee anything in relation to the hardware as we do not write drivers. Before you buy anything you must query manufacturers directly as they know the best which model works with with Linux and which does not.
2) People usually contact me when something does not work rather to say this model works ok.

I have created several customized builds for POS touchscreens which utilize older 'serial' connection over 'usb'. Never heard any complains about bad calibration.
I have used 'inputattach' utility to get them working:
https://manpages.debian.org/wheezy/inpu ... .1.en.html

Any hardware with serial connection and ELO, Fujitsu, Penmount touch controller should be good.
Seems that inputattach supports also MicroTouch (3M) touchscreen so you may give it a go (blacklist or remove original usb driver first).

Thank you.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

martin.hochleitner
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 5.2

Touchscreen and drivers

Post#3 by martin.hochleitner » 06 Jul 2021, 09:55

Hello,

Is there any experience in context of using Touchscreens over DDC2B. In Detail: it schould be able to deligate the touch interaction over HDMI to a Intel NUC.

Thank you for your Answer.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Touchscreen and drivers

Post#4 by fanthom » 06 Jul 2021, 12:34

Hi Martin,

I have never heard about DDC2B connection.

I'm sure our calibration tool does not support it so (if you are lucky) things will work out of the box or wont work at all.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.