Kiosk edition wish list

New features which should be implemented in Porteus Kiosk Edition and the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
grantg
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.0rc2

Kiosk edition wish list

Post#1 by grantg » 04 Feb 2015, 21:12

Hi, We've been experimenting with the kiosk version and 3.2 added some wished for configuration options.

We are on a private government network that doesn't allow access any of the NTP pools outside our network. They are all blocked.

Would it be possible to add an option to the config menu to be able to change the NTP server address? The default could still be ntp.pool.org, but allow it to be changed.

Second, could an answer file be premade and if found in the kiosk iso, use it?

Reason I ask, is that if we deploy this as we are hoping, having to go through the menu or open Firefox to go to email to access the data for every kiosk that we build (actually an electronic exam setup) will be painful.

Otherwise this new 3.2 build is awesome.

Thanks.

Grant.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Kiosk edition wish list

Post#2 by fanthom » 04 Feb 2015, 21:58

Hello Grant,

"Would it be possible to add an option to the config menu to be able to change the NTP server address?"
added to my TODO list for next release

"could an answer file be premade and if found in the kiosk iso, use it?
Reason I ask, is that if we deploy this as we are hoping, having to go through the menu or open Firefox to go to email to access the data for every kiosk that we build (actually an electronic exam setup) will be painful."

hmmm... maybe 'remote management' option would be suitable for you? its developed already and approved for next kiosk release. the only difference is that kiosk config is placed on the network and not in the ISO:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/news.html#150202

if this is not an option then i'll figure out something else :)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.