Porteus-v3.2 XFCe issues

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Porteus-v3.2 XFCe issues

Post#1 by Rava » 23 Mar 2017, 14:54

Seems, 3.2 is about as fast as 3.1 with NVidia driver, but without the driver, that's quite promising.

But with XFCe there are 2 issues (not really bugs) that foul my every day working experience.

The first is, with XFCe 3.1, thunar displays the folder as icons, one icon per actual folder, like so:
So you can right-click on every sub-folder, and open it into a new tab. Very neat. But the 3.2 version only shows the path as a text (you could edit that, but I want the 3.1 behaviour)
I looked in all settings sub-menus I could think of and found nothing...

(The "/x" is a symlink that always points to my Porteus boot device, as I have written & explained elsewhere already)

The 2.d issue: I have lots of sh or bash scripts that do small things, e.g. load a certain selection of images in viewnior (my image viewer). Or a scripts that asks me via xdialog if I want to play a certain video file (like One Piece Episode 425), with a reminder where I should resume watching (like at 5:20)

In both cases, I started that script via double clicking it in Thunar, and only viewnior or my info box and later gnome-mplayer are visible.

But with 3.2, there also opens a terminal window. And I don't want the terminal window. (It is like starting activate, and you not get the message window, but also the unwanted terminal as well)

Is there a setting in Thunar? Or is that a bug or Port 3.2?
Cheers!
Yours Rava

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Re: Porteus-v3.2 XFCe issues

Post#2 by donald » 23 Mar 2017, 20:49

view > location selector > pathbar style