Show your love for porteus!

Non release banter
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Show your love for porteus!

Post#1 by francois » 02 Jul 2016, 14:26

This is the place to show your love for porteus: with words, a word or a few words, thoughts, emotions, poems, stories, anecdotes, essays; with images: simple lines, grafittis, drawings, paintings, photos ...

... or by any other mean that you could invent, just explain.

But also, as money is the sinew of war, you can have a look here. :wink:

I hope bogomips will like this thread. :twisted:
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

bdheeman
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus 3.0.1+ MATE/XFCE

Re: Show your love for porteus!

Post#2 by bdheeman » 03 Jul 2016, 03:24

These fiddling little details most of you can ignore at the moment, but I for one had been struggling with SCO Unix, PC/MS-DOS, Xenix etc. since 1982 until I found Slackware 1.0 released in 1993. I wanted to try it, but I forced to wait because of non-availability in India :wall: . A good new came when an Indian magazine PC-Quest shipped free CD of Slackware in 1996; I immediately installed and started to explore, experiment and use it. Then switched over many for time to time like Redhat 5.1, Debian 3.0, FreeBSD 6.0 :evil: , ArchLinux in 2008 for few years and test installed some other distros and, or variants as well. I though love Antergos as a bleeding edge installation at home, prefer Debian for its stability and security on production systems at work, but I could never ever move out without a Porteus Pen-drive for its portability, simplicity, completeness and speed :Yahoo!: .

We know, there are a lot of other live or bootable Linux, FreeBSD and even Plan9 are available today, but I love Porteus for its speed, portability, stability and simplicity, a big thanks to developers and the community as well :D
--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman (http://bdheeman.BlogSpot.in/)
"Working together, works! The proof is GNU/Linux and F/LOSS Projects;
Do you too voluntarily work on or contribute to making any difference?"

fullmoonremix

Re: Show your love for porteus!

Post#3 by fullmoonremix » 03 Jul 2016, 10:22

Porteus... Quite simply a solution in need of an unsolvable problem.

Regards...
"David"

Posted by 73.150.85.78 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service