Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
ztrapl
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 21:36
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 KDE4 32bit
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#16 by ztrapl » 07 Apr 2016, 21:41

Jack wrote:
MasterPDFEditor-3.6.30-x86_64 - Office[/quote
Where is the link at? The only link is for a older version.
Still applies that all modules are here : https://yadi.sk/d/lf9fSI_3hUADZ :)

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#17 by amplatfus » 08 Apr 2016, 06:12

Jack wrote:
MasterPDFEditor-3.6.30-x86_64 - Office[/quote
Where is the link at? The only link is for a older version.
Thanks to the mate who upload it, here you can find it: https://yadi.sk/d/lf9fSI_3hUADZ/Office
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#18 by amplatfus » 08 Apr 2016, 14:07

@ztrapl Please, any chance to have last version Google Chrome compiled as *.xzm for 64bits?
PS: sorry for my upper post from 08 Apr 2016, 08:12. I didn't read the thread before post. My fault!
All the best!
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

ztrapl
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 21:36
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 KDE4 32bit
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#19 by ztrapl » 08 Apr 2016, 19:44

amplatfus wrote:@ztrapl Please, any chance to have last version Google Chrome compiled as *.xzm for 64bits?
PS: sorry for my upper post from 08 Apr 2016, 08:12. I didn't read the thread before post. My fault!
All the best!
OK. Here is the google-chrome-49.0.2623.112-stable-x64-1.xzm :)
Download : https://yadi.sk/d/lf9fSI_3hUADZ - folder Internet
Enjoy 8)

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#20 by amplatfus » 09 Apr 2016, 07:21

ztrapl wrote:
amplatfus wrote:@ztrapl Please, any chance to have last version Google Chrome compiled as *.xzm for 64bits?
PS: sorry for my upper post from 08 Apr 2016, 08:12. I didn't read the thread before post. My fault!
All the best!
OK. Here is the google-chrome-49.0.2623.112-stable-x64-1.xzm :)
Download : https://yadi.sk/d/lf9fSI_3hUADZ - folder Internet
Enjoy 8)
Thanks again. I have a issue with this module. I was using before the "--user-data-dir %U" flag to run chrome from root and all worked fine.
Now it stop (terminal freeze) with the following error. This module works if I am logged on guest.

Code: Select all

root@porteus:~# /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --user-data-dir %U
[4632:4632:0409/100524:ERROR:nacl_fork_delegate_linux.cc(315)] Bad NaCl helper startup ack (0 bytes)
When I run this module from older chrome with the same flag all works fine.
Please, it depends on chrome update "internally" / or is about my LXDE Porteus or we can do something to run with this flag further on?

Many thanks,
amplatfus
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#21 by amplatfus » 09 Apr 2016, 07:31

amplatfus wrote:
ztrapl wrote:
amplatfus wrote:@ztrapl Please, any chance to have last version Google Chrome compiled as *.xzm for 64bits?
PS: sorry for my upper post from 08 Apr 2016, 08:12. I didn't read the thread before post. My fault!
All the best!
OK. Here is the google-chrome-49.0.2623.112-stable-x64-1.xzm :)
Download : https://yadi.sk/d/lf9fSI_3hUADZ - folder Internet
Enjoy 8)
Thanks again. I have a issue with this module. I was using before the "--user-data-dir %U" flag to run chrome from root and all worked fine.
Now it stop (terminal freeze) with the following error. This module works if I am logged on guest.

Code: Select all

root@porteus:~# /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --user-data-dir %U
[4632:4632:0409/100524:ERROR:nacl_fork_delegate_linux.cc(315)] Bad NaCl helper startup ack (0 bytes)
When I run with the same flag on older chrome module all works fine.
Please, it depends on chrome update "internally" / or is about my LXDE Porteus or we can do something to run with this flag further on?

Many thanks,
amplatfus
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

ztrapl
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 21:36
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 KDE4 32bit
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#22 by ztrapl » 09 Apr 2016, 10:21

@amplatfus

Code: Select all

google-chrome-stable --user-data-dir %U --no-sandbox

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

[SOLVED] Chrome under root with flags

Post#23 by amplatfus » 09 Apr 2016, 10:35

ztrapl wrote:@amplatfus

Code: Select all

google-chrome-stable --user-data-dir %U --no-sandbox
worked. Thanks!
Last edited by amplatfus on 09 Apr 2016, 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

ztrapl
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 21:36
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 KDE4 32bit
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#24 by ztrapl » 09 Apr 2016, 10:44

amplatfus wrote:
ztrapl wrote:@amplatfus

Code: Select all

google-chrome-stable --user-data-dir %U --no-sandbox
worked. Thanks!
You can also use this command:

Code: Select all

/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --no-sandbox --user-data-dir
Enjoy 8)

User avatar
amplatfus
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 14:55
Distribution: MATE Porteus-v3.2.2
Location: Romania

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#25 by amplatfus » 09 Apr 2016, 13:15

ztrapl wrote: You can also use this command:

Code: Select all

/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --no-sandbox --user-data-dir
Enjoy 8)
I found out this executabile script.sh in order to run chrome from root under guest terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo su guest << BASH
  /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome;
BASH
So running under guest works without flags (--user-data-dir %U --no-sandbox) but without access to root folders.
BR.
Porteus-v3.2.2 MATE
Kernel: 4.9.12-porteus

User avatar
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 5068
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
Distribution: kde xfce porteus manjaro kubun
Location: Enfin l'été, le changement climatique attendu: le soleil.

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#26 by francois » 09 Apr 2016, 15:43

@amplatfus:
Running google-chrome without sandbox is really not reccomended, though I like very much the idea. Personally, in root mode I work with firefox or work from root google-chrome in guest mode:
su -c chromium guest

Code: Select all

su -c /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome
You can get google-chrome to start from the kde menu editor by changing the command assorted with google-chrome. Right click on the big K.
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.

ztrapl
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 21:36
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 KDE4 32bit
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#27 by ztrapl » 09 Apr 2016, 16:14

francois wrote:@amplatfus:
Running google-chrome without sandbox is really not reccomended, though I like very much the idea. Personally, in root mode I work with firefox or work from root google-chrome in guest mode:

Code: Select all

su -c chromium guest
You can get google-chrome to start from the kde menu editor by changing the command assorted with google-chrome. Right click on the big K.
@francois
These two commands are working correctly.
But which is better to use ?

Code: Select all

su guest /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome

Code: Select all

su -c /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome  guest

User avatar
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 5068
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
Distribution: kde xfce porteus manjaro kubun
Location: Enfin l'été, le changement climatique attendu: le soleil.

Re: Modules for Porteus 3.x.x KDE4 x86_64

Post#28 by francois » 09 Apr 2016, 17:32

@ztrapl:
It seems that both are good, but I did not examined them in detail. And you were right and I was wrong, you need to put the full path to the command, and in this peculiar case use google-chrome instead of chromium (I have corrected my mistake in the precedent post).
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.

Post Reply