Dropbox persistence

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
ghicksrn
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Many

Dropbox persistence

Post#1 by ghicksrn » 30 Aug 2014, 15:56

I am having problems with Dropbox. I am using the module I found in USM. I am running Porteus off a USB drive formatted to ext4.

My computer is linked to Dropbox. I followed the instructions from this post, http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... nce#p18344, to make a module of the changes.
More specifically:
1. I ensured my files were up to date in Dropbox
2. I rebooted
3. I entered my Dropbox account info again at boot to link the already linked computer
4. I waited for the sync to complete
5. I ran

Code: Select all

changes-time
for enough minutes to capture the link (account info, etc)
6. I made a module from the complete directory of the changes (changes4903 for example)
7. I placed that module in the modules directory with a name that started with "12-"
8. I made sure the dropbox module name started with "13-" so it would load after the persistence information

When I rebooted last night, it worked perfectly. This morning it is asking for my information again.

What am I doing wrong? Do I even need to have the Dropbox module in the modules directory for it to start. I know with most distros, you only need to have the dropbox package extraxcted to your home directory for it to work. You can then call the script at boot by command, such as

Code: Select all

./.dropbox-dist/dropboxd
Is that the reason for my problem?

I'm used to Debian-based distros more than others, although I have some experience with Fedora and Gentoo. I have no experience with this module approach.

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Re: Dropbox persistence

Post#2 by tome » 30 Aug 2014, 22:08

Create symlink "/home/guest/.dropbox" to persistent writable place (/mnt/sda1/mydropboxconf) and then save your changes(symlink)
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.