AzPainter-1.0.5-1

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
ncmprhnsbl
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2-64bit xfce/openbox

AzPainter-1.0.5-1

Post#1 by ncmprhnsbl » 08 Jun 2014, 04:44

Small graphics application, sort of half way between gimp and sai, with nice painting features and pressure settings for tablets.
Configurable and toolkit independent interface.
all dependecies met in porteus 3.0, built using src2pkg.

Source: http://sourceforge.jp/projects/azpainte ... e_id=14000

Download: https://app.box.com/s/gx00lup1ghflvy4ubaq834jzu44ut61b 420Kb
Forum Rules : http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

ncmprhnsbl
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2-64bit xfce/openbox

Re: AzPainter-1.0.5-1

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 07 Apr 2015, 02:25

version bump 1.0.2 >>1.0.5-1
removed porteus-apps link for now
Forum Rules : http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Seva
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: XFCE Porteus Desktop 3.1 64bit

Post#3 by Seva » 02 Sep 2015, 13:17

Works fine on my 64 bit Porteus XFCE, no dependencies, great program.
posted from Porteus

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus 3.1.0 x86-64 XFCe

Post#4 by Rava » 23 Sep 2015, 22:27

My first impression: quick, slim, sure, old style GUI, but okay GUI. :good:

Some issue I do have. :Rose:

The tooltip (mouse over icon popup info) on the three icons to the right of [Output by format] and left of [Zoom] are missing, all the popup info that is displayed for all these icons is just "-". (I presume there is the very info missing in its tooltip setup file)

The select tool works like a paint tool. It is the source of possible artistic use, but in my book, the default shape for the select tool should not be the 1st option (the paint tool) but the 2nd (the rectangle)
Is it possible to setup AzPainter so that by default, the tool for select is always the rectangle?

Is it possible to tell AzPainter to have the tools, options, layers etc windows all rolled up like I had them rolled up prior of closing AzPainter? Every time I start it anew all these windows are rolled down and obstruct part of the main area that is needed for displaying the image. I looked into its settings but either missed that option to remember the state of the windows ... or maybe the used X GUI toolbox not has this ability?

The "Open File" window. That one is extremely slow in opening a folder that seems to contain more than 10 files or folders... even when the contents should have been in the OS buffers/cache due to the same folder already being opened in Thunar. Again, after trying that on the same folder for several times, it seems to be the GUI of AzPainter's fault, since the OS buffers/cache should already have all the info on a previously opened / viewed folder.

When saving a loaded and changed file (in contrast to a new created file) with "save as", all other programs use the path / folder of the loaded original image as the starting folder for the "save as", while AzP chooses the home folder. :(
I also tried finding a setup to change that behaviour but again to no prevail...

In the "save as" window, I cannot use the mouse to copy or paste text from the clipboard to be the new file name or parts of the file name. (using e.g. Ctrl+C for copy works, just not the using mouse right click context menu)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#5 by Rava » 17 Apr 2016, 06:08

I tried it again and found another weird behaviour.

The open file dialogue has the filename - size - date areas. One could make these smaller or wider. But oner could not click any of these to sort for filenames - upside down or for newest/oldest files or smallest/largest file like one could with any other file manager.
That's due to the GUI kit that is used, me thinks. Sadly that my above post got no reply, seems there is no one around who likes that program?

Still, what bugs me most that every time you open it the open-file folder got reset. And that it won't remember where you positioned the 5 or 6 properties windows, also that most icon help text is not working...

Seems more like a beta or rc version release than a bug free one... Still, somehow promising: Small, quick, with lots of effects, but like I said here and above: quite some issued need to be solved as well. Dunno if there are newer versions, the one mentioned above is from 2014.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#6 by Rava » 19 Apr 2016, 03:55

And yet another bug:

When you have a file handling window open, e.g. [open] or [save as], and while its open you change the folder's content, e.g. by copying or linking azpaiter supported images into the very same folder, these images won't show in the open file handling window.
You have to [cancel] that window and reopen it, e.g. by pressing ^o or ^w for the new files to show up.
Cheers!
Yours Rava