Mouse wireless dont work

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
Post Reply
alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Mouse wireless dont work

Post#1 by alexandre-samuel » 15 May 2014, 19:12

I have a mouse wireless and dont work! Why?

User avatar
fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
Contact:

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#2 by fanthom » 15 May 2014, 19:49

let's start here:
what is your mouse model?
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

User avatar
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4902
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
Distribution: kde xfce porteus manjaro kubun
Location: Enfin l'été, le changement climatique attendu: le soleil.

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#3 by francois » 16 May 2014, 03:13

I have many wireless keyboards and mice and they work. Just for the record. :)
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#4 by alexandre-samuel » 17 May 2014, 23:03

fanthom wrote:let's start here:
what is your mouse model?
Knup w115
francois wrote:I have many wireless keyboards and mice and they work. Just for the record. :)
What are they?

User avatar
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4902
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
Distribution: kde xfce porteus manjaro kubun
Location: Enfin l'été, le changement climatique attendu: le soleil.

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#5 by francois » 18 May 2014, 01:22

They are all logitech mice and keyboard. I have been buying exclusively logitech brand for these devices for decades. :D

I will not confess my age. :oops:
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.

User avatar
fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
Contact:

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#6 by fanthom » 18 May 2014, 09:01

just checked and seems that 'Knup' is a brazilian brand with not so many hits on google:
https://www.google.pl/#q=linux+Knup+w115
not sure if drivers for it are present in the kernel...

please boot porteus to GUI, plug your wifi adapter into usb port -> try to pair base with mouse -> generate 'psinfo' raport -> upload it to pastebin.com -> link here.
thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#7 by alexandre-samuel » 18 May 2014, 18:44

francois wrote:They are all logitech mice and keyboard. I have been buying exclusively logitech brand for these devices for decades. :D

I will not confess my age. :oops:
thanks! But, all logitech works in all distros?
fanthom wrote:just checked and seems that 'Knup' is a brazilian brand with not so many hits on google:
https://www.google.pl/#q=linux+Knup+w115
not sure if drivers for it are present in the kernel...

please boot porteus to GUI, plug your wifi adapter into usb port -> try to pair base with mouse -> generate 'psinfo' raport -> upload it to pastebin.com -> link here.
thanks
http://pastebin.com/JwuHgsMv

User avatar
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4902
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
Distribution: kde xfce porteus manjaro kubun
Location: Enfin l'été, le changement climatique attendu: le soleil.

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#8 by francois » 19 May 2014, 12:02

I have tested many linux distros of the main types without any problem, ubuntu, debian, fedora, arch linux, slackware ... . Fanthom appreciates that porteus is compatible with as much hardware as possible. Lets see what he will do for you.
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#9 by alexandre-samuel » 19 May 2014, 19:32

@fanthom

Can you tell me the solution?

User avatar
fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
Contact:

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#10 by fanthom » 19 May 2014, 19:54

do you have wireless mouse + keyboard or mouse only? according to log files Porteus recognizes wifi receiver but sees keyboard attached to it:

Code: Select all

May 18 15:32:54 porteus kernel: [ 3650.824375] hid-generic 0003:248A:8566.0005: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Telink Wireless Receiver] on usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1/input0

Code: Select all

[  3649.890] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Telink Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/event4)
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: Applying InputClass "keyboard-all"
[  3649.890] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Telink Wireless Receiver'
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: always reports core events
[  3649.890] (**) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[  3649.890] (--) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Vendor 0x248a Product 0x8566
[  3649.890] (--) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Found keys
[  3649.890] (II) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Configuring as keyboard
[  3649.890] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1:1.0/input/input15/event4"
[  3649.890] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Telink Wireless Receiver" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#11 by alexandre-samuel » 19 May 2014, 20:47

fanthom wrote:do you have wireless mouse + keyboard or mouse only? according to log files Porteus recognizes wifi receiver but sees keyboard attached to it:

Code: Select all

May 18 15:32:54 porteus kernel: [ 3650.824375] hid-generic 0003:248A:8566.0005: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Telink Wireless Receiver] on usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1/input0

Code: Select all

[  3649.890] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Telink Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/event4)
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: Applying InputClass "keyboard-all"
[  3649.890] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Telink Wireless Receiver'
[  3649.890] (**) Telink Wireless Receiver: always reports core events
[  3649.890] (**) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[  3649.890] (--) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Vendor 0x248a Product 0x8566
[  3649.890] (--) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Found keys
[  3649.890] (II) evdev: Telink Wireless Receiver: Configuring as keyboard
[  3649.890] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1:1.0/input/input15/event4"
[  3649.890] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Telink Wireless Receiver" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
Only mouse.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#12 by alexandre-samuel » 20 May 2014, 02:23

Is there no way?

User avatar
fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
Contact:

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#13 by fanthom » 20 May 2014, 08:15

do you have a second usb optical mouse or just the wireless one?
i see some optical mouse in log and wondering if this is the wireless one.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

alexandre-samuel
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 02:06
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#14 by alexandre-samuel » 23 May 2014, 19:31

fanthom wrote:do you have a second usb optical mouse or just the wireless one?
i see some optical mouse in log and wondering if this is the wireless one.
alexandre-samuel wrote:Is there no way?
There is another mouse. A wired mouse, but i want eliminate wires.

User avatar
fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
Contact:

Re: Mouse wireless dont work

Post#15 by fanthom » 24 May 2014, 19:21

ok - lets try to force recognizing your mouse directly in xorg.conf. please do as follows:
- boot to text mode and login as root
- plug your usb receiver
- run 'X -configure' command
- check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for event number assigned to your receiver (could be different depending if you connect your Optical mouse or not):

Code: Select all

config/udev: Adding input device Telink Wireless Receiver (/dev/input/event4)
- run 'mcedit /root/xorg.conf-new' and edit Input section to match wifi receiver event number, eg:

Code: Select all

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver       "evdev"
	Option	"Device" "/dev/input/event4"
EndSection
- run 'mv /root/xorg.conf-new /etc/X11'
- run 'init 4' and check if your mouse is working
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Post Reply