Would you Please help me with a step by step instructions about how to install a Canon Pixma MP190 printer+scanner.
This is what I have done so far:
- At this forum topic Porteus 3.0 release, it tells me that I should download the printer module 32 bits to work with the 64 bits version I run
- I did download the printer module 32 bits version from this location: 07-Printing.xzm(note that the compat-32 module is required for this to work with 64-bit porteus) - thanks Blaze and Francois!
- Then located the downloaded file, right click on it, from the menu options I selected Open with.../ Activate
- Looked at the recently installed applications and this list appears or see Screenshot
- * XSane - Scanner
* Canon Scanner Utility
* Simple Scan
* QT V4L2 test Utility
* Print Settings
* Manage Printing
* Printer Management Application "HP logo"
- I click on each other application icon and nothing happens
I also downloaded the available debian package for the printer, I created a Porteus module, after I unpacked the compressed files and made the folder conversion to a xzm module, activated, but I can't see the results of previous described actions.
Also, I did update the USM application, I found a printer application there and installed: system-config-printer-1.3.13-x86_64-1.txz without successful results
Thanks-congratulations for the new release and good luck to you all :O: