A little update:
- After RTFM I did understand that I don't need vncserver but I need x0vncserver (or x11vnc) for my purposes
- When running x0vncserver, lxpolkit does not complain..
By using x0vncserver I don't need to use the xstartup file..
- I made a little mistake, "lxpolkit.desktop" is not in ".xdg/autostart/" it's in "/etc/xdg/autostart/"
- As for the question about ssh forwarding an already existing x-session, I guess It's nearly impossible...
To be complete about lxpolkit - as far as I used Porteus, everything kept working as a charm..
So if you need vncserver, I don't think that removing lxpolkit.desktop will cause a lot of trouble..
I'm writing a script to (amongst other things) start the (tiger) vncserver in Porteus (LXDE version).
Tigervnc config = vanilla porteus with only a password set - command in the script = "vncserver :1 -depth 16"
Starting the vncserver works fine, but when I log in (using krdc), I get this error message:
"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject"
This error message doesn't occur when I disable lxpolkit (removing lxpolkit.desktop in .xdg/autostart/)
1) Does anyone know the consequences of disabling lxpolkit?
2) When I log in, I'm not in the current running session, but a new session is started.
I Need to be logged into the current running session, how do I fix this?
Do I need to alter the xstartup script in .vnc? - If this is the case, what should I change?
3) Is it possible to use ssh X-forwarding in such a way that one "taps in" the current GUI session, that is, like vnc is supposed to work?
Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
1 post • Page 1 of 1