Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
- DEV Team
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 14:17
- Distribution: Porteus x86 arm
- Location: Liechtenstein
ImportError: No module named pygtk
The error message is slightly misleading. python gtk2 bindings need both pygtk-2 as well as pygobject-2. python gtk-3 bindings need only pygobject3.
Install pygobject-2.28.6 for your architecture from slackware, and see if it works.
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 14:25
- Distribution: Porteus 3.2.rc5 Mate 64 bit
- Location: Marysville, OHIO USA
jssouza thanks it now works.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.