No its okay. I agree that the reason has been the Otoman empire and after that the French and British. For some reason you almost never hear politicians of these three countries [●] taking the responsibility for their own greed from the past and the willingness to now change hundred years of wrong...
● the 3rd country being Turkey of course.
Politicians create the problems, then they campaign against them. If it were up to Turkey, they would setup a caliphate all over again. Their Sultan Erdogan sends turkish troops to kill Kurds. Then Israel is getting into the mix killing folks from Hezbola, Russia is helping preventing Syria go the way of Libya.
https://www.rt.com/news/396826-netanyah ... rikes-mic/
You can see 545 people responsible for problems in U.S.
I like very much to debate on ideas, but being able also to provide concrete support to those ideas is even better.
In reference to this last article that you provide: taxes as being responsible for plaguing the individual wealth is a myth. There has to be a sharing of wealth amongst people. The problem is more with bad corporate companies hiding their profits in fiscal paradise (windows, apple, google, amazon ...).
A good example:
The american model of health care.
- provides the same health care as other advanced countries for the same services at a higher price. An estimation is that US health care in 2003 was costing at least four times more than the canadian health care.
- canadian health care would be cheaper if we would not have such an ill health care policy in the US, european health care costs are lower than in Canada. The US drains canadian physician and puts pressure on the rise of the physicians' salaries. In the Quebec state, 50% of the buget of health care goes to physicians. A general physician earns around 200,000$ a year, whereas some specialist earn more than 500,000$ a year. There is less than 5% of the population earning more than 100,000$ a year in Canada.
- some social-democratic measure is better for the community than the dream that everyone should care for themselves by their own. How good could it be to concentrate all the money into the hands of a minority if they do not give a dam about the rest of humanity?
- automobile insurance coverage by the state
- state electricity production
- medication costs controlled by the state
- day nursery covered by the state
I agree that the coverage should be partial coverage and not complete coverage.
- school fees coverage by the state
I hope I am not out of topic here. :wink:
Voltaire: Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.