Free anon upload

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Free anon upload

Post#1 by brokenman » 16 Dec 2011, 02:42

I am looking for a service where i can upload a file to a server from a shell script and have the files remain read only. Upload could be via ftp, sftp, scp or any other protocol but i would like it to be a method that is native to linux.

Anybody know of such a service (preferably free) but if the cost isn't too high thats ok?

Here's the gist. PPM will create a bug report (when needed) that will be automatically uploaded to a server. The bug reporter will post a thread with a reference number given, and i can fetch the data from the server for analysis. I see other potentials for this too, but it would primarily save a user from having to find, cat and paste a bunch of jibberish to pastebin and link to it from a forum.

All constructive ideas are welcome.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Free anon upload

Post#2 by Hamza » 16 Dec 2011, 21:43

I could help you with Web Interface (PHP) if there is one.

Posted after 1 hour 46 minutes 3 seconds:
After a small research..I found the solution to disallow the "remove" permission.

I am assuming the server is running Linux and as Web Server : Apache
Of Course, this must be done using a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server.

1) I am uploading a file which it is an xzm file, so the server checks it in a sandbox (security reason).
2) The file is checked and moved to a secret folder where it should be checked by br0kenman and fanthom before to add it to Official Repository.
3) By default, the file owner is www-data..the server-side script can change this to www-readonly (as example) and the user won't be able to rename/edit/remove it until the owner is another one than www-data.

With this solution, We can upload xzm modules without causing damage to other modules uploaded by someone else.

Any suggestions ?
NjVFQzY2Rg==

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#3 by brokenman » 17 Dec 2011, 20:11

I have a solution figured out that will allow people to upload files for bug reports ... but the limit is 1Gb ... i'm counting on that space NOT filling up with bugs. Your idea for uploading modules sounds good.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Post#4 by Hamza » 17 Dec 2011, 21:24

We can setup a ftp server with a filter and this one will checks if this a xzm module and in case if it success change the owner to www-readonly (chown should be enough).
NjVFQzY2Rg==