[Solved] pfilesearch error

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

[Solved] pfilesearch error

Post#1 by Ed_P » 03 Feb 2015, 03:59

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ pfilesearch
/usr/local/pfilesearch/pfilesearch: line 18: type: gtkdialog4: not found

But USM can't find a gtkdialog4 module.
Ed

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: pfilesearch error

Post#2 by Rava » 08 Mar 2015, 20:03

^
I get the same error in XFCe Porteus 3.1 x86-64, but pfilesearch works fine even with that error.

I looked into the code. In my book, that is a scripting error of the original script creator.

Just change line 18 from this

if type gtkdialog4 > /dev/null; then export GTKDIALOG="gtkdialog4"; else export GTKDIALOG="gtkdialog"; fi #puppy specific
into this

if type gtkdialog4 > /dev/null 2>&1; then export GTKDIALOG="gtkdialog4"; else export GTKDIALOG="gtkdialog"; fi #puppy specific
and the questionable output will vanish.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#3 by Ed_P » 09 Mar 2015, 00:11

Thank you Image Rava.

pfilesearch works even in RazorQt Porteus 3.0.1 x86-64 but I wasn't sure the impact the error was having.
Ed

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#4 by Bogomips » 29 Apr 2015, 23:32

Rava wrote:Some more info on why that code is best like so.
Follows here http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4584

Wishing to continue the discussion from the last post, but the posts having gone off topic, have split the thread, moving all relevant posts to Programming in Topic: Shell Redirect. Anyway don't think would have been right to let an interesting contribution of Rava's languish in a Newbies topic.
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#5 by Rava » 30 Apr 2015, 01:28

Bogomips wrote:Follows here http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4584

Wishing to continue the discussion from the last post, but the posts having gone off topic, have split the thread, moving all relevant posts to Programming in Topic: Shell Redirect. Anyway don't think would have been right to let an interesting contribution of Rava's languish in a Newbies topic.
Dum dum me, being an moderator myself, I should have been the first to be aware that it's getting off topic. And that is was a moderator's post that made it go off topic to boot. Sorry for that. :oops: . Must remember that I can delve into scripting details, and I am always happy to enlighten people anyway. Thanks for reminding me, I try to check my own answers from now on, and when I delve into a more general helping / explaining posts, it would either be best in HOWTO or Programming. :)

BTW, just looked up "languish" in dict.cc. Quite the tricky word, seems as when translated into my native tongue it's revealed (at least to me, being no native tongue I am not that good with rare uses words) it has quite contradictory meanings. From more nice and positive to quite the opposite...
Sneaky litle word, that. *starts with a brand new personal dictionary of sneaky English words.* The first new handwritten dict even, after quite some years already excelling in the TOEIC test with 99% score. </own trumpet and blowing and such> </dodges rotten tomatoes as thrown at him from Porteus forum users>

... SCNR, that's just my black and dry kind of humor. :D
Cheers!
Yours Rava