Odd Booting Error & No Flash plug-in

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
jimwg
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: porteus

Odd Booting Error & No Flash plug-in

Post#1 by jimwg » 08 Jan 2014, 20:33

This might have to do with my crude attempt to transfer some 32bit Puppy 5.7.1 .config files and creating new save.dat file over into Porteus 3.0 MATE (and XFCE) 32bit or not. Just FYI. I was booting up and got this error message:

"Error. GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.policykit1.Error.Failed. An authentication agent already exists for the given subject."

I click okay and everything seems to function well but is it really and how be rid of problem?

One more thing; Porteus 3 says it needs Flash plug-in to play videos but none will install from Adobe site. What must I do?

Jim in NYC

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Re: Odd Booting Error & No Flash plug-in

Post#2 by tome » 08 Jan 2014, 20:49

firefox and opera modules already have flashplayer - try activate one of them.
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.

jimwg
Shogun
Shogun

Post#3 by jimwg » 08 Jan 2014, 21:47

tome wrote:firefox and opera modules already have flashplayer - try activate one of them.
Thanks for swift reply! Then I have to reinstall Firefox which I deleted because I use SeaMonkey. So does this imply SeaMonkey doesn't have it since it's requesting Flash?

Jim in NYC

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#4 by francois » 09 Jan 2014, 22:19

Thanks for swift reply! Then I have to reinstall Firefox which I deleted because I use SeaMonkey. So does this imply SeaMonkey doesn't have it since it's requesting Flash?
It seems. I am under chrome and flash seems to be there as exemplified by the output of midnight commander (mc) in command line, using find command. I am pretty shure that firefox and opera were packed with flash too.

Activating firefox module and then using mc, or simply tryng the module will give you the answer. 8)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

jimwg
Shogun
Shogun

Post#5 by jimwg » 10 Jan 2014, 03:40

phhpro wrote:A shame you are on 32 bit. Else, you could fetch the latest x86_64 FFX+Flash here: http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... _64#p20727

NOTE: You are using v3 RC1, not even RC2, and by no means anything v3.0 final. There's no Flash on RC1; at least it wasn't when I last tested it.
Okay, flash video seems to work with Seamonkey as long as Firefox is also installed and activated.

Jim in NYC

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#6 by francois » 10 Jan 2014, 04:47

Maybe you can convert the following alien slackware txz package into an xzm porteus module for seamonkey:
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbu ... er-plugin/
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.