KDE Graphic Widget - Where does go the new added ones

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

KDE Graphic Widget - Where does go the new added ones

Post#1 by miguipda » 11 Nov 2013, 10:38

Hi,

as I do not find some useful widget I clicked to ask getting some new widgets. After that installed some of them but does not see them in the widget list.
I checked in the Downloads folder but their is nothing. I tried to click the install widget from local files but they does not appear (in any auto selected folder where I though they could be installed as I asked).

Then as they are not automatically added to the Widgets panel (that could be add) where are those "installed" KDE Widgets I got from the new Widgets selection window we receive when we ask to add new Widgets ?

Sincerely thanks and have a nice day,

Miguipda ;-)

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Re: KDE Graphic Widget - Where does go the new added ones

Post#2 by wread » 11 Nov 2013, 13:28

I compiled one for testing and posted it for you; put it in modules and click on it to activate.
To install, click the cashew on top right, unlock widgets>+widgets and it will appear next to the panel, scrolling far right.

Enjoy
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

Post#3 by miguipda » 11 Nov 2013, 15:25

Dear wread,

I just saved it in the modules folder as required. After that I activated it in a konsole to see if all is ok. Here are the returned messages. Does

Code: Select all

activate stockcharts-0.6-i486-wread.xzm
Updating shared library links:  /sbin/ldconfig
Updating KDE menu: kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(5820) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file. 
kbuildsycoca4(5820) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file. 
It show it in the available widgets but when I drag it on the desktop it said it can not find the component.

Could you then fix it to go further and see if it works.

Sincerely thanks and have a nice day.

Miguipda ;-)

P.S. : I am also curious to see if it is difficult to compile those interesting widgets.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#4 by wread » 11 Nov 2013, 15:47

Dear miguipda,
You are supposed to have KDE4 running.
I am afraid this is your system's fault; the module I posted for you seems to work ok for me! Take a look:

This is how I installed it.

You can compile it yourself, just follow the directions in the file INSTALL
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

Post#5 by miguipda » 12 Nov 2013, 07:58

Dear Wread,

I installed the last Porteus v2.1 with KDE 4.10.5.
After the reboot this morning I still check if I could have your stock widget on my desktop. The problem is still the same and certainly with the recommanded fix file.
http://tinypic.com/r/2mxib74/5

Then I do not know how could I get it work. Could the problem come from other already installed packages ?

Have a nice day.

Miguipda ;-)