How to install flash player plugin to firefox?

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
donedara
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus 2.0

How to install flash player plugin to firefox?

Post#1 by donedara » 20 Jun 2013, 08:20

Now I can't view flash video on web page. :(

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: How to install flash player plugin to firefox?

Post#2 by brokenman » 20 Jun 2013, 13:39

Flash is built in to the firefox that is shipped with Porteus. Please describe the problem you are having in more detail. Perhaps you can start firefox from a terminal, visit a flash site and report the errors that the terminal gives you.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

donedara
White ninja
White ninja

Post#3 by donedara » 22 Jun 2013, 06:58

brokenman wrote:Flash is built in to the firefox that is shipped with Porteus. Please describe the problem you are having in more detail. Perhaps you can start firefox from a terminal, visit a flash site and report the errors that the terminal gives you.
Which edition of Porteus do you mention?
I currently using Porteus 2.0 XFCE and I can't watch any flash video on youtube.Flash content in the web page is displayed as "f" symbol instead.

donedara
White ninja
White ninja

Post#4 by donedara » 22 Jun 2013, 07:03

These are error messages from terminal:

uest@porteus:~$ firefox

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_buffer_get_insert: assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_BUFFER (buffer)' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_buffer_get_iter_at_mark: assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_MARK (mark)' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_text_layout_get_block_cursor: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_layout_get_cursor_locations: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2275): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect_full: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_buffer_get_insert: assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_BUFFER (buffer)' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_buffer_get_iter_at_mark: assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_MARK (mark)' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_text_layout_get_block_cursor: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2275): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_layout_get_cursor_locations: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2275): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect_full: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

guest@porteus:~$

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#5 by francois » 22 Jun 2013, 12:35

Try to reinstall porteus anew. I have xfce porteus 2.0 and it is working perfectly.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#6 by fanthom » 22 Jun 2013, 14:19

Flash content in the web page is displayed as "f" symbol instead.
flashblock addon is enabled in porteus by default. left mouse click on 'f' will enable flash content.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.