build packages from slackware sources with a Xdialog gui

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
bigbass
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: slackware 14

build packages from slackware sources with a Xdialog gui

Post#1 by bigbass » 26 Jan 2012, 17:33

this is an unofficial tool that is only intended for a very small group of people
that are used to the old school way of packaging and would like something lite
*there may be a need for something like this so I will fill that small part *
a pre step to get more packages compiled on Porteus then they get passed to made into modules by those who handle that this also tests the build scripts to see if other dependencies need to be pre installed at compile time
and a chance to remove any heavy dependencies which would get passed to the Pbuilds later

everyone else I recommend the great well polished built in official tools by brokenman :beer:

ok now I can get to it if you dont mind ugly terminals popping up from time to time and Xdialog :crazy:
I use this tool to see if packages will compile from source on my box
I personally dislike adding any pre built binaries (I do use them for pre testing and when they work I recompile)
for the reason is linux packages always update and I like to keep up with what's needed when the versions are improved . I also like to see everything that's going on behind the scenes may sound funny but I got used to watching scrolling text while packages are made in a terminal output that might be some undefined phobia :shock: uh oh

nothing gets installed! the package is made then placed in /tmp
all the source folders could be inspected before you install it

pre step install this to be sure you can build the packages
http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... 537a6f9e58

a simple Xdialog GUI to build packages from source (slackware's official slackbuilds)
http://bigbass-porteus.googlecode.com/f ... 1_PORT.tgz

I tried to maintain the old slackware package locations in the GUI that's why its a bit ugly
but I got used to looking for them there

this folder is what holds the sources I added a url download list so you can see everything that was downloaded called log-urls
/var/log/source_build_pkg_folder-13.37

*this is only used to get the index not needed but good to know its there maybe you want to check the dates
/var/log/query-source-13.37

Joe