Solved Stripped package functionally

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
jmhoward56
Black ninja
Black ninja

Solved Stripped package functionally

Post#1 by jmhoward56 » 06 Jun 2015, 16:13

I have been working on a cinnamon 2.0 module for Porteus which is in early development. I was having trouble getting the calendar applet working due to UPowerGlib missing which was remedied by installing the upower slackware package. My question is what other packages may have been stripped of functionally to save space in porteus that I might require in cinnamon 2.0?
Last edited by jmhoward56 on 06 Jun 2015, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: FAA Stripped package functionally

Post#2 by fanthom » 06 Jun 2015, 17:56

every package marked as 'ftm' or 'jay' in the package name (like: mesa-10.3.3-i486-1ftm) was recompiled by us so can be at never/lower version than slackware or have extended/limited functionality.
hard to say whats stripped as package compiles against libs which are present in the system (if Gnome is not present during compilation then its support will be excluded).
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

jmhoward56
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: Solved FAA Stripped package functionally

Post#3 by jmhoward56 » 06 Jun 2015, 18:13

Thanks, sort of what I figured. I had to add the gtk3 headers to get something to compile earlier. I was trying to be lazy in hopes someone might know/remember what was removed.