xscreensaver request

If you are looking for a specific 32-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 32-bit repos, please post a request for it here.
sci_fi
Black ninja
Black ninja

xscreensaver request

Post#1 by sci_fi » 14 May 2011, 12:30

Perhaps this question should be in the "development" section. Moderators please move if appropriate.

My question:

I run lxde as root using the 32bit version.
On the v9 version, I created lzm files for xscreensaver and dependencies for use in V09. They worked fine, after using the workarounds required for running xscreensaver as root.

I converted my lzm files to xzm for use on both v1 beta and v1 rc1. However, xscreensaver no longer works on either beta or rc1. The files are there and xscreensaver will execute from the console or from an autostart file (there are several to choose from), however, the actual screensaver function of turning on after some pre-set period does not work.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I could create a screensaver module for release 1. Alternatively, if there is a workaround someone could suggest, I will be pleased to try it out.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

sci_fi

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Re: xscreensaver request

Post#2 by beny » 14 May 2011, 17:13

you can downoads package from the official repository of slackware current or 13.37 into the xap section there is the xsceensaver.txz package download it and convert it to xzm,i think work, enjoy

Posted after 44 minutes 44 seconds:
i can confirm you that work.

sci_fi
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: xscreensaver request

Post#3 by sci_fi » 15 May 2011, 04:08

Thanks, Beny,

I'll give it a try. Much appreciated.

sci_fi