rt3070 chipset aircrack

If you are looking for a specific 32-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 32-bit repos, please post a request for it here.
Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: rt3070 chipset aircrack

Post#16 by Ahau » 27 Jan 2011, 14:53

If this is the only computer you're planning to run from this porteus install, you could extract your 001-core to a directory, make the changes fanthom suggests to blacklist.conf and rc.local, then convert the directory back to a module, and copy it back to your /porteus/base folder.

For example:

Code: Select all

mkdir /mnt/sdb1
mkdir ~/001
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
lzm2dir /mnt/sdb1/ISOs/porteus/base/001-base.lzm ~/001
echo "blacklist rt2860sta" >> ~/001/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
echo "blacklist rt2870sta" >> ~/001/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
echo "modprobe rt2800usb" >> ~/001/etc/rc.d/rc.local
dir2lzm ~/001 ~/001-base.lzm
mv -f ~/001-base.lzm /mnt/sdb1/ISOs/porteus/base/
Or, you could navigate to /base directory, right click on the lzm, convert it to a directory, make your changes in the gui, then right click on the directory, convert it back to lzm, and overwrite the existing 001-base.lzm.

Now your "always fresh" setup will do this every time.

You could also do the above (up to the point of making a new 001-base module), and then make a new module with just the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and /etc/rc.d/rc.local files (and parent directories), put that module in your porteus/optional folder, and use the load= cheatcode in your menu.lst to load it at startup. I would name it something like "zzz-rt2800load.lzm", so that this module is loaded last. That way, you could remove the load= cheatcode at boot time, and run this install of porteus on a machine that may have a conflict with this driver.

note--I'm still a newbie at this, so corrections/additions to the above are welcome :)

Edited to add:

An quick and easier fix would be to make your modifications to blacklist.conf and rc.local, and then copy them into /porteus/rootcopy, e.g. /mnt/sdb1/ISOs/porteus/rootcopy/etc/modprobe.d and /mnt/sdb1/ISOs/porteus/rootcopy/etc/rc.d. This would load the files when you boot up, even in "always fresh" mode, but you would lose the flexibility of the load= cheatcode.

thanks to fanthom for this tip! (I always wondered what the rootcopy directory was for ;) )
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

goyfilms
White ninja
White ninja

Post#17 by goyfilms » 28 Jan 2011, 12:30

Finally I did it!!!
my problem was that I need to do "depmod -a" each time I boot to update the modules so I did a new .lzm and I put in:
1) the "modules.dep" and "modules.dep.bin" which are in /lib/modules/2.6.7-porteus/ after do a "depmod -a"
2) "blacklist.conf" file with "blacklist rt2860sta" and "blacklist rt2870sta"
3) "rc.local" file with "modprobe rt2800pci" and "modprobe rt2800usb"
4) the content of fanthom's module

and works perfectly! Thank you everyone!

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#18 by Ahau » 28 Jan 2011, 16:11

Great job! I'm glad you got this one resolved!

On reflection, it would have been easier to copy all of those files from your live filesystem after making your changes (just like you did with your depmod files), rather than unpacking your 001-base.lzm. Either way works, though!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!