fred08155 wrote:So my module also should do the job. This contains both versions of firmware for 7265 and 7265D.
Where did you find that firmware files? They seem to be few months newer than mine. I downloaded the files direct from Intel website.
Did you create the modules yourself and how? My selfmade ones look a little different in internal file structure.
I made the modules in this way:
1. Download the ucode files from Intel website;
2. Create a folder on Desktop (for example) with any name: "7265";
3. Create this path inside: lib/firmware
4. Copy the firmware file inside the path: 7265/lib/firmware;
5. Open a terminal on the Desktop and send the command: dir2xzm 7265 Intel_Wireless_7265.xzm
The same procedure can be done for the 7265D firmware if you want to split the modules like me (I usually want a lean linux distribution and the modularity of Porteus has a big value if you want to add/remove stuff).
If you want a unique module, on point 4. you can copy both firmware files on the same path.
Since in my laptop I don't need the 7265 firmware, then I use only the 7265D module.