[SOLVED] libquadmath.so.0 missing in XFCE v. 3.1

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
claude
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: XFCE 3.1

[SOLVED] libquadmath.so.0 missing in XFCE v. 3.1

Post#1 by claude » 07 Jun 2015, 19:50

Just to let you know, it seems that libquadmath.so.0, a dependency for galculator, is missing in Porteus XFCE 3.1. I downloaded it a few days ago, and it came that way. Also in /var/log/packages, gnutls 3.1.16 appears twice (reg version, plus version by 1jay). You might, just might want to correct that. Love it, it works great for me!! :good:
Last edited by claude on 14 Jun 2015, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: libquadmath.so.0 missing in XFCE v. 3.1

Post#2 by brokenman » 11 Jun 2015, 10:26

I believe this was fixed in an update. Please update.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

claude
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by claude » 13 Jun 2015, 04:53

As I said in my first post, I downloaded it from this site around June 4, so no longer than 8-9 days ago.

sunnysideofthesun
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: other

Post#4 by sunnysideofthesun » 13 Jun 2015, 12:17

I guess he's referring to function Update Porteus from Porteus Settings Centre. Because if you have downloaded Porteus via build wizard or from dl.porteus.org, then most of the files there were created in December 2014, while fixes are distributed via abovementioned function. Maybe. Or maybe not.
You can check manually too if there are libraries like libquadmath.so, libquadmath.so.0 (absent in your case), libquadmath.so.0.0 etc. which are usually symbolic links to newest library version (with the most zeros in its name) and create missing symbolic link.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#5 by Ed_P » 13 Jun 2015, 15:20

sunnysideofthesun wrote:I guess he's referring to function Update Porteus from Porteus Settings Centre. Because if you have downloaded Porteus via build wizard or from dl.porteus.org, then most of the files there were created in December 2014, while fixes are distributed via abovementioned function.
:shock: There's an update function!! Yes there is and it works!! I just used it to update my system.

I was not aware that Porteus had an update function. Still a newbie. :oops: And use to other systems that alert me to updates automatically.
Ed

claude
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#6 by claude » 13 Jun 2015, 16:03

I had downloaded from http://dl.porteus.org/i486/current/ and the above mentioned library was completely missing from the system. I solved the problem immediately upon discovery by copying the same library from Porteus 3.0.
While being aware of the update function of Porteus, I generally boot from cdrom with no magic folders (for security reasons), so unfortunately any changes I bring to my system must be done manually.
I would have thought that whatever improvements were made to any version of Porteus, they would have been made available in an update file for each version and made downloadable along with the original ISO of it at the archive. Why not doing so for the benefit of those whom for the same reason as I opt to not use the update function? I think it would make much sense in order to have an always current archive and also to be able to provide complete older versions. Just a thought.

claude
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#7 by claude » 14 Jun 2015, 01:20

Well, thanks to fanthom and sunnysideofthesun (who have replied to this question in other threads) I've learned that I can manually download the necessary updates to a distribution here http://dl.porteus.org/i486/testing/updates/
Don't know how I missed it the first time around. So it's all good now.