Farming Out Porteus Work

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
jimwg
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: porteus

Farming Out Porteus Work

Post#1 by jimwg » 09 Feb 2014, 12:49

Greetings!

The Porteus developers and minders here are great guys and I'd like to know whether one can post on other Linux and Mac sites "Porteus Help Wanted" requests to farm out much of the over-work you all do to programmers and techies out there so to get a product out faster and more de-bugged and with the luxury of less stress on you to create more features.

Keep up the good work!

Jim in NYC

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Re: Farming Out Porteus Work

Post#2 by Bogomips » 28 Jul 2014, 16:11

jimwg wrote:I'd like to know whether one can post on other Linux and Mac sites "Porteus Help Wanted" requests to farm out much of the over-work you all do to programmers and techies out there
Rather than on other sites, announce here and prioritise the requirements. Then one needs someone to fulfill the role of a Project Manager / Program Manager with a bent for SCCS/CVS and that sort of thing to sort out the volunteers, otherwise team will waste so much time explaining what needs to be done, that it would be quicker just doing the job themselves. :wall:
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB