Porteus-4.0 is in the pipeline.

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v3.2rcX all desktops

Post#1 by brokenman » 12 Oct 2017, 17:14

The Porteus team is busy preparing the latest version of Porteus which will be based on slackware-current allowing people to stay on the bleeding edge. We are in the process of addressing bugs and creating desktops. A big thank you to our DEV team!!

This newer version will be slightly larger than previous versions but should be more compatible with a wider range of machines. I've been using it for the last 6 months as my everyday operating system and it serves me well.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

raja
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: v3.2.2-32bit and v3.2.2-64 bit

Post#2 by raja » 15 Oct 2017, 10:38

What can we expect?

A silent,quiet boot up, with exploding words "Fast and Furious"; "This is Porteus for You" in a deep Blue background and a " See You" message during shutdown;

Logs for Porteus error messages during boot and shutdown process;

A separate base module for all applications;

An animated watchman applet for Internet activity...Red for no activity and Green for activity and log for outgoing calls to firewall;

A guide with useful commands for "Terminal" say, a collection of all suggestions in this forum for trouble shooting and basic system operation from 'command prompt';

A collection of 30 Full HD wallpapers with a script to boot with a random one everyday or every boot;

Adding a "Games" listing in the application menu with few games assembled by members here;

more, if I could dream!

I have seen Xorg finishing its job by 10.52 seconds in my Laptop, and I can't be greedy on speed; Bench marking gurus, report sizable jump in performance with new release of Kernel. Is it true 'Porteus Development team?

Cheers!