No saves

Non release banter
alexhawk2016
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: 3.2.2 64

No saves

Post#1 by alexhawk2016 » 02 Oct 2017, 13:30

I try to make porteussave.dat and write changes=... and also try changes=/mnt/ex4disk.
At the first variant there are no save changes after reloading and disk remains empty if I use second variant.
Another computer works fine.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

No saves

Post#2 by Ed_P » 02 Oct 2017, 14:57

changes=/nameoffile if the save.dat file is on the root of the boot device.

changes=/yourdirectoryname/nameoffile if the save.dat file is in a folder on the boot device.

My save.dat is in a folder I named changes so my code is: changes=/changes/porteussave.dat

If the save.dat file is on a different drive then the format would be: changes=/dev/sdb1/ where the letter and number indicate the drive and partition. Drive 1 is a, drive 2 is b, drive 3 is c, and so on. Partition 1 is 1, 2 is 2, and so on.

I hope this helps, and if not, ask again. We will try to help get you a working system. :)
Ed

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

No saves

Post#3 by brokenman » 02 Oct 2017, 23:12

Please be more descriptive with your problem.
I try to make porteussave.dat and write changes=...
This doesn't tell us much. Please put exactly what you have in your boot line. You can see it after you boot with: cat /proc/cmdline

The best idea is to boot up and then run a system information dump in the Porteus Settings Centre. Upload the system dump somewhere and link to it.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

alexhawk2016
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: 3.2.2 64

No saves

Post#4 by alexhawk2016 » 03 Oct 2017, 08:06

There was: changes=/mnt/mmcblk...(I try different disks)/ps.dat (or just use ext4 disk with changes directory (without ps.dat)), but there was no reaction (But it all works on another computer). Disk remains empty, without changes dir, and if I use ps.dat there no changes on desktop.
Porteus Setting Center is really nice way. I save *.xzm changes to "modules" dir and all works fine :))) It may be acceptable for me but maybe...
Another question: Sound scheme selection in sound menu, blocked by gray colour. I cannot select it (On two different computers). Why? Sound device works good.