STARKMOUTH
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 32-bit

Spreading the word

Post#1 by STARKMOUTH » 27 Nov 2015, 03:34

Hello everyone.
Moderators, Developers, Users...

I wanted to thank you all for your contributions and dedication to this distribution/forum.

I've mostly tinkered with debian based stuff in the past, and was craving something new,,

Personal interests aside, my drive to learn is fueled by my love of sharing, and the open source community is a perfect place to feed the beast. At this point I don't even know how many windows users I've converted to linux over the last 7 years. Thest last three days I've incessantly been focusing on building two separate installations of Porteus. One for me; one for a friend... and man oh man... you should have seen the look on his face when his laptop (which has been missing a hard drive for about 8 years) was up and running without a hitch.

That being said, every question that came up in my head (troubleshooting, cheat codes, module building) had an answer in this forum. Your collective efforts have inspired me to learn more, dig deeper, and share in ways I never have before. I look forward to engaging with this community and contributing in my own ways as I find them.

Stay well everyone, and thank you again! :evil:

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: Spreading the word

Post#2 by francois » 27 Nov 2015, 22:58

@STARKMOUTH:

Thanks for the positive critique and welcome to Porteus forum. We appreciate new and archived members.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.