slax-get not working

Non release banter
nucleus
White ninja
White ninja

slax-get not working

Post#1 by nucleus » 03 Feb 2011, 07:18

In slax-clasic I used to take slax-get to download packages. It downloads and converts slackwares
txz-packages to lzm-packages, executes maybe included scripts and cares for dependecies.
As result, slax-get places several lzm-packages on the desktop (the downloaded program +
neccesary libraries/additions).

However, slax-get doesn't work anymore in slax-remix. It still downloads files but doesn't install them.
After usage, the desktop is as empty as before and the program is not installed. Of course I used
slapt-get instead - but feel unconvenient, sice it isntalls everything directly into the system.
I actually prefere clean lzm-packages.

Anyone has suggestions?
When I post a thread then actually because:
-I wanna discuss WHY I do this or that
-I like linux so much and everything with open source
-I want it as complicate as possible
-I wanna recompile my kernel
-I adore other peoples computer-knowledge

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: slax-get not working

Post#2 by Ahau » 03 Feb 2011, 14:00

Hi nucleus,

I'm not familiar with slax-get, but I think it may be calling for scripts that have either been renamed or modified in porteus. In particular, any script that had 'slax' in it's title was probably renamed to 'porteus', and porteus lzm's use squash4 compression, whereas anything from slax would use squash3. We're still working on selecting or building a package manager for porteus, see here: http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... ilit=slapt

In the mean time, if you can download the .txz packages via slapt-get or slackyd, without installing them, then you can right click on the .txz packages and select "convert tgz/txz to lzm" to create a module, which you can place in /porteus/modules or /porteus/optional. You can also place a request here on the forum, under "i486 lzm module requests" if you'd like help from the community with a particular package.

Thanks!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#3 by fanthom » 03 Feb 2011, 21:30

Ahau is correct:
mksquashfs3 has different command syntax than mksquashfs-4.
try to remove '-lzmadic' parameter from slax-get script, if there is any. should work.
If not - please post download link to slax-get application and i'll modify it for Porteus.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ponce
Contributor
Contributor

Post#4 by ponce » 04 Feb 2011, 05:52

it seems it uses dir2lzm

http://code.google.com/p/slax-get/sourc ... libslaxget

but looking at the code it should need dependency information for -current (as I know not available) and a third party repository with dependencies information too.