Christmas wishes for Porteus-3.0

Non release banter
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Christmas wishes for Porteus-3.0

Post#61 by brokenman » 18 Dec 2013, 17:18

I just finished off the next version of Porteus mate desktop so i am booted in that right now. I download the source above and it configured and installed successfully. It failed once because of a bad symlink at /usr/share/doc/cups but after unlinking the symlink it installed fine. There is no DESTDIR variable so creating a module may take longer. I have no time right now but will tackle it again later.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#62 by fanthom » 18 Dec 2013, 17:42

@guys
i hope that you are aware that upgrading cups to 1.7.0 may break every app from slackware-14.1 repos depending on it?
my bet is that it's a missing driver and not outdated cups (i'm not a printing expert though).
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#63 by wread » 18 Dec 2013, 20:31

fanthom wrote:
@wread
not sure what's wrong with your setup but all effects are working here. please update your system with PSC->updater then generate xpsinfo raport.
How is the game with "PSC->updater"?

TX i.a.
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#64 by brokenman » 19 Dec 2013, 00:55

Yes sir i am aware of this. There is good reason pat stuck with the current version. In any case it is compilable.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Tonio
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Slackware,porteus,FreeBSD,Slax

Post#65 by Tonio » 20 Dec 2013, 13:06

fanthom wrote:@guys
i hope that you are aware that upgrading cups to 1.7.0 may break every app from slackware-14.1 repos depending on it?
my bet is that it's a missing driver and not outdated cups (i'm not a printing expert though).
Agree 100% here with keeping older version of cups. The new version may require new backends. I have newer/newest version of cups in Fedora 20 and it is not working correctly. The page does not print or it prints garbage. :( Keeping functionality despite not being latest is recommended in this case :D Been busy to give any imput, but still to all users and developers, fanthom, brokenman, ahau, francois, hamza, wread, ..., hope I don't forget anyone here, You guys are amazing and are doing a tremendous job! Hope all developers and users have a Great Christmas and a Happy New year, Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo, Feliz Natal e Feliz Ano Novo!

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#66 by francois » 20 Dec 2013, 16:40

Hello Tonio. Thanks for these greetings. I hope you are having a good life. Don't hesitate to come back on the forum, your words linux or otherwise are greatly appreciated. Joyeuses fêtes de Montréal. :D
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

claude
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: XFCE 3.1

Post#67 by claude » 23 Mar 2014, 17:00

claude wrote:
brokenman wrote:Could you please include SSL capability in claws mail client in MATE?
Yes I can do this.
Thanks!! I'm looking forward to it!! :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:
Thanks so much for adding SSL capability to claws mail! I just tested it and it works perfectly :D