[SOLVED] Qmmp can't open m4a - FFMpeg plugin problem

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

[SOLVED] Qmmp can't open m4a - FFMpeg plugin problem

Post#1 by fulalas » 01 Nov 2016, 01:01

I'm trying to use Qmmp 0.10.3 with Porteus 3.2 rc5 x64 + XFCE, but it doesn't open m4a audio files. So I read that I need 'libffmpeg.so' plugin which I can't find through USM. So I tried the .deb from Ubuntu AMD64 ( http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/u ... _amd64.deb), extracting the lib and put it inside '/usr/lib64/qmmp/Input', but unfortunately Qmmp can't load the plugin even restarting the system. I also tried to install FFMpeg 3.0.4 and 3.1.1, but it doesn't change anything.

I noticed that the source code contains a ffmpeg plugin folder, but I don't have QtCreator/C++ compiler.

What can I do?
Last edited by fulalas on 03 Nov 2016, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Re: Qmmp can't open m4a - FFMpeg plugin problem

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 01 Nov 2016, 03:54

my guess is that qmmp needs to be compiled in the presence of the FFmpeg that is installed in porteus..
fulalas wrote:but I don't have QtCreator/C++ compiler.
not sure, but these may be in the development module : https://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/dl.porteu ... -devel.xzm
also the SlackBuild from https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/audio/qmmp/ may be of some help...
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#3 by fulalas » 02 Nov 2016, 01:43

Well I already have the ffmpeg plugin ('libffmpeg.so') inside the correct folder, but Qmmp can't load it anyway. I've just checked Qmmp for Windows and it turns out that the ffmpeg plugin ('ffmpeg.dll') also can't load without 3 more ffmpeg dlls (avformat, avcodec and avutil) located at the main folder. So it's clear that Qmmp needs these ffmpeg dlls in order to load its own ffmpeg plugin.

So, back to Porteus, what I can't understand is why even loading ffmpeg xzm package I still can't make Qmmp load ffmpeg plugin :(

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#4 by ncmprhnsbl » 02 Nov 2016, 02:54

i guess that would be because the slackware package(slackonly?) wasnt compiled in the prescence of ffmpeg> it(the binary) wont find a plugin it doesnt think it has...
what *might* work for you is to convert the .deb you have(which has been compiled with ffmpeg support) to a module (using deb2xzm) and use that
altho ffmpeg version could then be a problem..

or compile the source in porteus by running the SlackBuild in the same directory as the source tarball to get a .txz
i'm not familiar with cmake but i'm guessing that ffmpeg should be automaticly detected and the appropiate plugins built...

or my guesses are all wrong :cry:
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#5 by Bogomips » 02 Nov 2016, 11:23

fulalas wrote:I've just checked Qmmp for Windows and it turns out that the ffmpeg plugin ('ffmpeg.dll') also can't load without 3 more ffmpeg dlls (avformat, avcodec and avutil) located at the main folder. So it's clear that Qmmp needs these ffmpeg dlls in order to load its own ffmpeg plugin.

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ grep usr/lib  /var/log/packages/ffmpeg-3.0.2-i486-1jay 
usr/lib/
usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57.24.102
usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57.0.101
usr/lib/libavfilter.so.6.31.100
usr/lib/libavformat.so.57.25.100
usr/lib/libavutil.so.55.17.103
usr/lib/libpostproc.so.54.0.100
usr/lib/libswresample.so.2.0.101
usr/lib/libswscale.so.4.0.100
All present in rc5. Best I can suggest is to try putting libffmpeg.so.* in /usr/lib.
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#6 by fulalas » 03 Nov 2016, 18:36

ncmprhnsbl wrote:or compile the source in porteus by running the SlackBuild in the same directory as the source tarball to get a .txz
i'm not familiar with cmake but i'm guessing that ffmpeg should be automaticly detected and the appropiate plugins built...
That's a good idea. How can I do it? :) EDITED: I've got it and it's finally working! You was right all the time: I have to compile it manually with the presence of ffmpeg. Thanks! :)

I noticed that the Qmmp version nomenclature for Slackware is different from the Ubuntu one. Maybe there are too many differences and that's why the plugin isn't interchangeable.

Bogomips, thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't work. :(