Porteus...

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Porteus...

Post#1 by Rava » 27 Sep 2015, 21:22

[Since Porteus was a part of my life even prior it existing as that, being part of it since Slax Remix times, me playing just a very small still existing part of that small community (being only able to help and support Porteus the way my abilities let me do so), I only thought it fair to let you folks know why I might/will be rarely seen in the future; also why I had times of sometime longer, sometimes shorter non-activity in the past]

Folks, I think you all know how much yours truly loves Porteus and I love to be helpful for bettering the OS the way I can, or help with our wikipedia article...

Still, today morning, 27th of September 2015, my mother passed away (my dad died 2 years ago), and so my only core family left is my sister (and her husband), many of my kin are living in Canada (e.g. quite far away from Germany) ...

Since I planned to do stuff like going to China for 2 years when I no longer have to care for my sick and disabled parents, and other plans that I could not follow through these past years... there might be lots of changes with my RL, that also will affect my free time that I can give to our community.

(Prior my mother's death there was the care for her, and up to my father's death there was the care for him and my mother, and it all got nasty and complicated with me, being the child living near my parents, not being able to manage all that, with the help of the mobile nursing service, by myself, with the week and weeks of held of my sister, when she was at my parents. These times have sadly, for my sister, for my parents and also for me, not enough free time for yours truly to really recuperate from that stress. It all got worse on certain levels when I took in the mother of a former close friend, who on one hand helped out with the care, but also put gasoline in the burning fire of the complicated and at times hardship mutual tension that was my parents relationship, doing her manipulations by playing each one of us against each others to finally presenting a phoney pecuniary legacy, due to a chain of coincidences making it hard for us [my sister and me, due to the then already existing dementia of my mother] to prove the phoney fact, than one might think on that fact just by itself... so while that person technically helped out with my father, and later with my mother as well, I still did a disservice to my parents, my sister and myself in including that person at all, but the true face of hers only showed months and months after the death of my father.)

Please accept that, at least next few weeks during which we have to organize the funeral and such, I will be very busy and at times not on here for days.

See you around!
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Re: Porteus...

Post#2 by Ed_P » 27 Sep 2015, 23:51

Oh Rava. So sorry to hear of your mom's death. :cry: Prays to you both.
Ed

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Post#3 by donald » 28 Sep 2015, 11:54

@Rava
PN

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#4 by Bogomips » 28 Sep 2015, 12:13

Extrapolating francois's social networking notion, although this is a Virtual World, it is also IMHO a gathering of (kindred?)Energies. During the night strange related dreams.

Of immediate family, my brother in distant Australia. Rest of relations scattered all over the globe, a couple even in ugh! Redmond. :bad: Take a look at Cafe, might give another perspective. (Take solace in the fact that the altercation of recent days could be seen as a form of preparation on the emotional front ... )
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#5 by brokenman » 28 Sep 2015, 14:21

My condolences and all the best for you Rava. You stepped up to the plate when family needed you. Much respect from me.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#6 by fanthom » 28 Sep 2015, 14:37

Thank you Rava for all your contributions to the project and the community.
Please visit us whenever you have a chance or wish - you'll be always welcomed.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#7 by francois » 28 Sep 2015, 17:43

You have all my sympathy rava. It is really nice to you to have opened to us about such personal matters. This prove your level of attachment to the community.

I really hope you will have and enjoy this trip to China. Do not hesitate to give some news once and a while. No matter If it has to do or not with some porteus bugs. :wink:
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#8 by Rava » 28 Sep 2015, 17:52

Thanks, folks, for your kind words, you warm my heart; I have to look up needed stuff, so I be away again, see you, hopefully, soon. <B
Cheers!
Yours Rava