ISO making error

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
BlackCat
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

ISO making error

Post#1 by BlackCat » 12 Aug 2017, 10:57

Hi all !

I have a problem. A big one.

I have try to made a costumized version of the ISO of Porteus Kiosk for USB key

I have made the costumization and when i have to made the ISO...the problem starts...

The script "make_iso.sh" not work, with error: "something went wrong [...] please use mkisofs utilty [...]"

So i have search for made the ISO image of Porteus with mkisofs (now genisoimage), and i have find these:

Re: [SOLVED]running static web site (Post by wnsfi #32078)
Basic Customization (Post by davidb #46433)

At this point...

I have try to follow the first link, and... i have a ISO image, and i can open it.
When i transfer it with DD on USB flash drive i can open it, but it's not bootable.

So i have follow the second link with isohybrid... after this i can open the ISO,
But when i transfer it with DD on USB drive i can't open it, and with libparted (and gparted) i read "recusrive partition on /dev/sdb", and i can't open it, and it's not bootable.

And here i am blocked...

Someone can help me ?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

ISO making error

Post#2 by fanthom » 12 Aug 2017, 12:19

Please follow the instructions provided by the make_iso.sh script:

Code: Select all

You can download 'mkisofs' utility directly from this location: http://porteus-kiosk.org/public/files/mkisofs
make it executable, move to /usr/local/bin folder and rerun this script.
Then run 'isohybrid -u ' against your custom ISO and it in virtual machine to make sure its working. If yes then you can burn it on the usb stick.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

BlackCat
White ninja
White ninja

ISO making error

Post#3 by BlackCat » 13 Aug 2017, 21:32

Ok thanks...

So mkisofs from ubuntu repository not work correctly...

Tomorrow i try this.