How can I add an extension to firefox (screen keyboard)

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
trueblood
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk-4.4.0-x86_64

How can I add an extension to firefox (screen keyboard)

Post#1 by trueblood » 20 Jun 2017, 14:26

I am new to Porteus and I have everything working well for our kiosk except that our kiosk has to have a keyboard and we are looking to use an on-screen keyboard instead. I followed the advice on the forum to unsquash 003-settings.xzm and add the files to the firefox profile but that didn't work (didn't break anything but didn't load the plugin either). I copied over the extension files and made changes to the prefs.js.

The forum posts were from quite awhile ago so I went digging around some more and found that I needed to be making changes to firefox.xzm but the FAQ said it should be in 006-firefox.xzm and it is actually in 002-firefox.xzm. Also /usr/lib64/firefox/extensions doesn't exist.

Should I just create that directory, and if so what files do I need to place in that directory?

Thanks for any help

anditsung
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: free

Re: How can I add an extension to firefox (screen keyboard)

Post#2 by anditsung » 22 Jun 2017, 01:30

you might want to create a custom xzm
cause when i try to edit 003-settings.xzm it broke ke firefox profile can keep stuck and showing that error
all i do is add ip_forward to /proc/sys/net/ipv4

maybe you can add the browser pref on the config?
see this for more info
http://porteus-kiosk.org/parameters.htm ... references