chrome zoom

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
kikan
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 4.4.0

chrome zoom

Post#1 by kikan » 08 Jun 2017, 12:22

Hi,

im need some info on how to make default zoom in chrome to 110% and remain after boot?
and is possible to run extensions on chrome and porteus kiosk software, if yes, where is manual so i can read about it.

is possible to disable the creation of new tab in chrome ?

thanks

P.S. im using intel nuc, and sometimes will boot o.k. but a lot of times i need to switch on/off my nuc few times and will boot to proteus os..i have 32giga emmc disk and maybe is this the problem of booting

im still checking where is the problem.

thanks
by
kikan

willieaames
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Slackware

Re: chrome zoom

Post#2 by willieaames » 09 Jun 2017, 10:31

Old how-to doesn't work since one of the two flags to disable them was removed, so here you have three flags to disable to make new tab page simpler:
chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-remote-suggestions
chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-bookmark-suggestions
chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-asset-download-suggestions
This will disable articles for you, bookmark suggestions and download suggestions.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: chrome zoom

Post#3 by fanthom » 09 Jun 2017, 11:22

Hello kikan,

"im need some info on how to make default zoom in chrome to 110% and remain after boot?"
You will have to remaster kiosk ISO and add following preference to master preferences file:

Code: Select all

"partition":{"default_zoom_level":{"6142509188972423790":2.223901085741545}},'
I cant remember to which zoom level the numbers above refer (probably 150%) so you may need to find your ones for 110%.

Master preferences file is located in 003-settings.xzm module in /opt/google/chrome/ folder.

More info:
https://www.chromium.org/administrators ... references

" is possible to run extensions on chrome and porteus kiosk software, if yes, where is manual so i can read about it."
See here:
http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4889

"is possible to disable the creation of new tab in chrome ?"
I dont know how to achieve this in Chrome.

"P.S. im using intel nuc, and sometimes will boot o.k. but a lot of times i need to switch on/off my nuc few times and will boot to proteus os..i have 32giga emmc disk and maybe is this the problem of booting"
Please make your logs persistent:

Code: Select all

persistence=/var/log
and once booting issues occur send /var/log/messages to support@porteus-kiosk.org

Hopefully there will be something recorded in the logs.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.