How to schedule screen Off and ON

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
AiR-0nE
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: zorin-os

How to schedule screen Off and ON

Post#1 by AiR-0nE » 13 Sep 2016, 17:37

Hello everyone,

I'am trying to schedule screen off and on without success, so that's why i'am asking for some help.

If i ssh the kiosk and do :
- xset dpms force off

Screen goes off ! Great !

Now if i do :
-xset dpms force on

Screen goes on ! Great to ! but those command also implicity enable default DPMS but the trick is to use :

-xset dpms 0 0 0

to change default value of dpms

------------------------------------------------------

So now, what i would like to do is this :

Wake up screen at 7:30 AM all working day and power off screen at 08:00PM (And off course keep the screen off Saturday, sunday)

Do you have any idea ?

Maybe a custom "scheduled_action" ?

A custom Crontab ?

Or custom rc.local ?

I'am kind of lost for this modification so thanks for your help.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: How to schedule screen Off and ON

Post#2 by Rava » 25 Sep 2016, 00:15

I would create a custom Crontab. But I am not fluently with that, so I cannot type you your solution out of the blue...
Cheers!
Yours Rava