Local Web App with NodeJS

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
GraysonP
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Local Web App with NodeJS

Post#1 by GraysonP » 30 Aug 2016, 19:02

Greetings,
I am attempting to add a NodeJS module to my build in order to host a local web application and I'm having a lot of difficulties. I am using Porteus Kiosk 4.0. I have created two modules, the first has a simple NodeJS App and the other has the latest NodeJS with NPM. Adding these modules to Porteus Desktop "modules" directory works perfectly, but when I add them to Porteus Kiosk xzm folder I am receiving this error:

"/init: exec: line 104: /sbin/switch_root: not found"

I figure it is a matter of resolving dependencies, so I created a new "core-extension" module containing "/sbin/" and I copied switch_root from Porteus Desktop /sbin. The error continues to come up and hasn't changed. Is there a way to figure out and get all of the dependencies, if that is what the error is indicating?

I would really appreciate any assistance,
Thanks

gargas
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus kiosk

Re: Local Web App with NodeJS

Post#2 by gargas » 18 Jul 2017, 06:32

Hello,
I have same problem. Is existing any solution?
Thank you

GraysonP
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Local Web App with NodeJS

Post#3 by GraysonP » 18 Jul 2017, 12:53

I spoke with support and I ended up paying for a custom build of the OS. It was pretty inexpensive and saved me time and a headache. I would like to revisit this some time though and try again to create my own custom build. I'll post that as a reply here if I ever get around to it. For now, that is all I can offer.