make iso script error

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
1978maarten
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus KIOSK

make iso script error

Post#1 by 1978maarten » 02 Apr 2015, 12:35

Goodday,

I made some changes to the UEFI ISO but when i want to create a new iso with the command

bash make_iso.sh

i get the error something went wrong - could not create the ISO pleuse use 'mkisofs'utility from latest 'cdrtoold'package and not 'cdrkit'

any idea what this can be? Even when i only unpack the ISO to a temp directory and want to recreate it it fails with this error.

thanks in advance

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: make iso script error

Post#2 by fanthom » 03 Apr 2015, 07:55

message is pretty straight forward: you need mkisofs coming from latest cdrtools package to be able to create UEFI ISO.
you could use Porteus Desktop if your Linux distro does not provide such utility.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#3 by Ed_P » 04 Apr 2015, 03:48

fanthom wrote:message is pretty straight forward: you need mkisofs coming from latest cdrtools package to be able to create UEFI ISO.
FYI & FWIW There's no mention of a need for those apps in the steps to remake the kiosk ISO listed here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/kiosk-customization.html Maybe it should be updated or they should be include in the kiosk ISO? Image
Ed

1978maarten
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus KIOSK

Post#4 by 1978maarten » 08 Apr 2015, 08:35

Thanks for helping me. After running Porteus desktop i was able to build a new iso:-)

But another question will there be a standard virtual keyboard available in the next version of the Kiosk(maybe a linux on screen keyboard instead of browser dependant)? Ofcourse i can add FXkeyboard to the firefox browser but if you have java applets where you can fill in text this doesn't work.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#5 by fanthom » 08 Apr 2015, 08:53

there is no plan for standalone onscreen keyboard in default kiosk ISO as there is no straight forward way to launch it ('auto-hide' feature does not work in florence and keyboard shortcut is not convincing).

it would be possible with a bottom panel and virtual keyboard launcher and that's why i have introduced an 'advanced kiosk modifications' section for the customized builds service. please have a look:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/builds.html#advanced
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.