Touch - Elo Touch 4200L Not working [SOLVED]

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
fusion
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk Edition

Touch - Elo Touch 4200L Not working [SOLVED]

Post#1 by fusion » 11 Jul 2014, 17:40

I'm at a bit of a loss trying to get Porteus to work with an Elo Touch Systems 4200L IDS with the ECM1 computer module (http://www.elotouch.com/Products/Discon ... efault.asp)

It works like a charm on the new model (Elo Touch 4201L http://www.elotouch.com/Products/IDS/4201L/default.asp) without doing anything, it's great! We had originally deployed these with the Windows 7 installation, but no matter how much we locked it down, someone always figured out a way to bypass it, so we tried Porteus. After its sucess, we decided to install it on some of the previous models, the 4200L's only to find out that the touch screen does not work at all. I just tried the most recent version with the install wizard, and still no luck.

If there's any additional information you guys need, I'll do my best to find it. I really don't want to run Windows on these things!
Last edited by fusion on 15 Jul 2014, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Touch - Elo Touch 4200L Not working

Post#2 by fanthom » 11 Jul 2014, 18:15

hi fusion,

i'm working with two other people on improving the touchscreen support in kiosk and i have a success in once case already:
Elo Serial Controllers (IntelliTouch) 2300

please send me email on builds@porteus-kiosk.org and after a weekend i'll send you an ISO for testing (you will have to provide valid calibration values for your device).

thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

fusion
Ronin
Ronin

Re: Touch - Elo Touch 4200L Not working

Post#3 by fusion » 11 Jul 2014, 18:52

fanthom,

I've sent you an email and attached a calibration bin file that's provided by Elo Touch for that specific board. If there's something else I need to do or run to get any other values, let me know.

Thanks!

fusion
Ronin
Ronin

Re: Touch - Elo Touch 4200L Not working [SOLVED]

Post#4 by fusion » 15 Jul 2014, 13:23

Thanks for the fast turn-around on the solution for this. The touch screen is working great!